MINIKANI is an external canister filter designed for the filtration of water in freshwater aquariums and aquaterrariums. Thanks to its external suction pump, the filter can work even in very shallow waters.
Components of the standard package
The standard MINIKANI package includes a housing with a lid, filter baskets, a set of filter cartridges, a connection hose, a set of connection pipes, a feeding pump, and suction cups.
The MINIKANI filter is compatible with the UV-C 3W and Multi UV-C 3W sterilisers, which are not included in the standard package.
Mode of operation
Thanks to its external feeding pump, the MINIKANI filter can be positioned under the water tank as well as next to it or even above the water level. Because of this, it can operate in very shallow waters, e.g. in relatively large aquaterrariums and paludariums where semi-terrestrial turtles are kept.
The water-feeding pump of the MINIKANI filter can be mounted in three different ways, depending on the intended use:
- the pump can be mounted on an aquarium wall inside the tank and used to feed water into the filter. This solution is recommended for standard fish tanks.
- the pump can be mounted on the outside, below the water level, to serve as a flow-through pump. This solution is recommended for standard fish tanks. If this option is chosen, before activating the filter, feed water into the pump through the inlet suction hose.
- the pump can be mounted on the bottom of the tank and used to feed water into the filter. This solution is recommended for shallow aquariums.
- The throughput of the MINIKANI filter can be adjusted by turning the control unit by up to 90 degrees. When the control valve is turned clockwise by 90 degrees, the water flow is cut off, and the unit can be safely removed from the filter housing without disconnecting the pump from the mains. It is recommended that an additional sponge pre-filter be installed on the suction tube. The pre-filter is not included in the standard package.
The MINIKANI filter is compatible with any kind of mechanical, biological, and chemical filter media. Although the filter does not require frequent cleaning, filter cartridges should be regularly rinsed in water drained from the aquarium (never in tap water!).
It is recommended that the first cleaning of the filter should be performed 2 months after its first activation. Subsequently, MINIKANI should be cleaned if there is a noticeable decline in performance.
For optimum operation of the MINIKANI filter, replace all filter cartridges with new ones at least once every 12 months. If necessary, algae or scale deposited on the housing of the pump can be removed using soft cloth or sponge.
Besides sponge and nonwoven interlining material for mechanical filtration, the standard set of filter media for the MINIKANI filter includes:
ZeoMAX Plus, designed for the chemical filtration of aquarium water. It is in the form of special grit made of carefully selected zeolite to ensure an exceptionally high sorption capacity;
In addition, the MINIKANI 120 model includes BioCeraMAX Pro 600, designed for the biological filtration of water in freshwater and marine aquariums. It is formed by rollers made of a porous ceramic material. BioCeraMAX Pro 600 ensures a very high filtering capacity – up to 600m2.
AQUAEL MINIKANI 80
- Product Code: AQUAEL MINIKANI 80
- Availability: In Stock